Monday, August 2, 2021

My weekend was booked! And my newest read....

 It's Monday, and for me the weekend flew by!!! 

Aside from reading, I took the time to finish the 8th (and final) season of "Monk" and the 7th (final) season of "Bosch" - loved the endings for both and I cannot wait to see what the "Bosh" spin-off will be about! 

I also finished "The End of Men" by Christina Sweeney-Baird - and I cannot express how MUCH I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! Take sci-fi, add in feminism, and everything we've learned over the past year - and you have "The End of Men." I could not put the book down and I hope Christina is considering a sequel to show how that universe adapted to the rising of women. If you haven't read it yet - please do!!!! 

Next up, I started AND finished "One of Us is Next"! Aside from reading the gifted copies that publishers have been so kind to send me, I'm working on some of the TBR that's been sitting on my Goodreads shelf! "One of Us is Next" is the sequel to "One of Us is Lying" and I have been putting it off because I felt nothing could top the first book in the series, I am happy to report - I was wrong! The twists in the sequel is amazing, and that final twist - OH MY GOSH!!!! That one broke me, just completely broke me. Have you read this one yet?!?!? What did you think?!?! 

Also - be sure to check out this link! "One of Us is Lying" will be launching soon on Peacock, and I cannot wait to watch it!!! 

One of Us is Lying Teaser

And lastly, to get this week off with a great start - "The Overdue Life of Amy Byler" which is one of my Goodreads TBR - if you enjoy books about books this one is for you! A single parent raising two children after being abandoned by her husband, Amy is working as a librarian. During a random drugstore visit, her life is shook, the husband/father that abandoned them is back and is wanting to repair his relationship with his children but what about Amy? Started this one last night and I can tell this will be a quick, fun read!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Publisher Appreciation Post!!! RE: Simon & Schuster/Avid Reader Press

  It's Wednesday which means it is time for a publisher appreciation post! But this Wednesday, I have a special treat for you all - a bo...