Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Gossip Girl meets House of Windsor....

 "American Royals." I shouldn't have been surprised by this one, but it was more "Gossip Girl" than I expected. The villains in this one have a Blair & Chuck vibe to them, it's no wonder this book was popular with the "Gossip Girl" crowd.  

It is interesting to think about a "House of Washington" though vs the democracy we have today. I can't imagine Americans showing un-waving support to a King or Queen the way the Brits do. And while I have always been fascinated with the Royal Family (Team Diana, Team Harry & Meghan) I would not wish to be a "subject" to one. The US just does not feel as historic as England to justify a Royal Family. But this is just one gals opinion! 

I will continue with this series though, I'm interested to see what becomes of the family and their love interests. Will Daphne grow a heart like Blair did? Will Beatrice get her man like Serena? Who knows but I'm interested to see. 


XOXO - just kidding! : ) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Publisher Appreciation Post!!! RE: Simon & Schuster/Avid Reader Press

  It's Wednesday which means it is time for a publisher appreciation post! But this Wednesday, I have a special treat for you all - a bo...