Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Going to therapy.....

 Since this whole reading, blogging, and working through my massive TBR-pile was an idea my therapist and I talked about; I figured it was time to read "Group: How One Therapist and a Circle of Strangers Saved My Life." 

Now I'm fully prepared for the conversation about; are we sure this is the best book to read right now?!?! And if it ended badly, I would have waited till I was in a better mindset before reading. I'm counting on this one to give me some hope though, I need it. 

Suffering from depression and anxiety is just overwhelming at times. I have these highs and then lows, which are horrible, and I feel like a burden to everyone and everything. People start to distance themselves from me, and I get it but it still hurts. And now that I'm immunocompromised, thanks COVID, and need to be extra careful - I find myself wanting to scream when I see pictures on InstaGram about travels and getting out and about. I used to travel. I used to get out and about. But I'm so scared, after being so sick, that I feel safer at home in a sheltered bubble. I like my bubble, I can control my bubble, and it's safe here. So right now, I need a shot of hope and that's why my next read is 'Group..." 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Publisher Appreciation Post!!! RE: Simon & Schuster/Avid Reader Press

  It's Wednesday which means it is time for a publisher appreciation post! But this Wednesday, I have a special treat for you all - a bo...