Saturday, June 12, 2021

Race and privilege.....

WOW. For a debut, Kiley really knocked this out of the park. 

Race, privilege, being (or thinking you are) woke, and an adorable little girl mixed in; I read this in one day. 

Couple of notes: 

1. We all need a friend like Zara. 

2. Briar, I mean - am I the only one who wanted Emira to run away with the child?!? 

3. Alix (or Alex), her character shows what happens when you are unable to leave high school behind. 

4. Kelley, I'm glad he was vindicated BUT he still had a fetish. And also, learning that it could be a fetish (dating only one particular race different from your own) was new for me. I also just assumed people had types, but having it explained as a fetish makes a lot of sense. 

I love books that make you think long after you've put them down, "The Hate U Give" being a prime example, and this is one of them. Reese has yet to steer me wrong in her picks! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Publisher Appreciation Post!!! RE: Simon & Schuster/Avid Reader Press

  It's Wednesday which means it is time for a publisher appreciation post! But this Wednesday, I have a special treat for you all - a bo...