Friday, June 11, 2021

What happens in group...stays in group...or not....

 I ordered this book on a whim, mainly because I follow Reese W on InstaGram and it was a pick for her bookclub. When I read the description, I felt something pulling me to order it and order it now. When "Group" arrived, it went onto my bookshelf amongst the MANY TBR's I have accumulated. 

Now I'm a firm believer that sometimes you are called to read a book for a reason, and this is how I came to read "Group" before all of the others in my TBR pile. I've said before that this blog came about from a therapy session, the goal being to help me fill my days with projects to keep my mind in a positive space versus the dark one it tends to visit so often. I have depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideations and this past year has not helped; at all. When I started reading "Group" I kept shaking my head "yes" at every page for about the first 30 or so; always a good sign for a book! I wanted to scream out, "THIS IS ME!" but there is no one (other than a fur baby) to hear me scream. I wanted my own "Group" and a Dr. R - (which luckily i have) to listen to me check off how in-tune I am with this author.  

Depression - check

Anxiety - check 

Thoughts of suicide - check 

Affair with married man - check 

Falling for guys you know will not last - CHECK, CHECK, CHECK 

And at the end of the "Group" I'm jealous, I'm jealous she found her happy ending. I started out wanting to read this for hope and now I'm just sitting here at 11PM on a Friday night typing into the internet-verse that I'm jealous. I absolutely loved "Group" and I recommend it to anyone and everyone who has ever struggled, or known someone who struggled. While I'm still sitting here in bed with my fur baby jealous over an author and her breakthrough in group therapy, I'm so happy I read this because maybe on the other side of jealousy there is hope. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Publisher Appreciation Post!!! RE: Simon & Schuster/Avid Reader Press

  It's Wednesday which means it is time for a publisher appreciation post! But this Wednesday, I have a special treat for you all - a bo...