Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Wrapping up two books this week!

 Happy Tuesday! 

This past week has been a busy one! I'm preparing to return back to my main job on the 2nd so I've been trying to get everything in order - which means, my reading took a hit. 

I finished both books I had been reading last night/today! I loved them both and cannot recommend them enough! 

First up:

The President is Missing

This book scared the heck out of me! To say Former President Clinton and James Patterson can paint a picture of a cyberterrorism is an understatement. The multiple POV's help to paint a picture that is not only realistic but also gives us an insider view of what can happen in the Oval Office. For those who have never thought what might happen if we are forced into the "dark ages", prepare to be shook. 

Second book: 

Palm Spring Noir  

This is my first time reading the California series published by Akashic Books and I must now read them all! Each story was fantastic and it was the perfect companion read to "The President is Missing." I loved the fact that all stories were written by authors who truly KNEW the area; either they have lived there or grew up there. To write a perfect noir story, knowing your location is key because it will paint the picture for your readers. If you love noir, I cannot recommend this one enough! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Publisher Appreciation Post!!! RE: Simon & Schuster/Avid Reader Press

  It's Wednesday which means it is time for a publisher appreciation post! But this Wednesday, I have a special treat for you all - a bo...