Sunday, May 30, 2021

Saying goodbye to old friends....

 



Just finished "Troubles in Paradise", the third installment in the "Paradise" series. Sitting in the living room reading this with the sound of the ocean (thanks, Prime Video!) ALMOST made me believe I was anywhere but my house, but not so lucky. 

Ending this trilogy, saying goodbye to the Steele family, is bittersweet. While the book was wonderful and highlighted all of the famous locations in the Caribbean, I will miss this series. Hilderbrand's description of the sounds, sites, and sunsets would make anyone feel as though they were sitting on the deck of a villa (thanks Baker Steele!) and drinking a painkiller (Cash Steele makes the best, I hear!). Or taking a ride on the Mississippi with Captain Huck and Irene and while I do not fish, I wouldn't mind watching! 

When Hurricane Irma hit in 2017 (in the book Hilderbrand calls the hurricane Inga after the '69 hurricane that hit St. John) it destroyed the areas in this trilogy; Antigua, Barbuda, and Saint Martin. This series appears to be a love letter to the places that Hilderbrand loved to visit and I'm so glad it is! 

Definitely consider adding this series to your summer reading list! Stay tuned for the next read later today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publisher Appreciation Post!!! RE: Simon & Schuster/Avid Reader Press

  It's Wednesday which means it is time for a publisher appreciation post! But this Wednesday, I have a special treat for you all - a bo...