Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Being Honest....

 Just finished "If I'm Being Honest" and while it was predictable, it reminded me of a mix between "Clueless" and "Gossip Girl." 

Cameron attempts to change her image in the wake of being shut down by a boy she has deemed worthy of dating. And in her prep school, think Constance Billiard, they are reading "The Taming of the Shrew" which leads to an outline for self-change. I enjoyed the mix of the play within the book and while cheesy at times, it has a good story. Be the best HONEST version of yourself you can be. 

Sometimes being honest is hard, right? We want people to like us so we tell them what they want to hear, or go along with their plans even though we want to do something else, and frankly it's exhausting after awhile (sometimes.) Being an introvert I feel I have two faces; I have the one that people who know me see/talk with and then I have the me I really am. It's hard not to cover the people one sometimes, and I get tired of trying. Instead, I just withdrawal and stop staying in touch. It gets lonely sometimes, but when I think of putting on my "people face" eh - I try to get over the loneliness. The honest version of myself would love nothing more than to live on the beach, work from home, have everything delivered, read, and just be. And while that's not everyone's cup of tea, that's me being the best honest version of myself. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Publisher Appreciation Post!!! RE: Simon & Schuster/Avid Reader Press

  It's Wednesday which means it is time for a publisher appreciation post! But this Wednesday, I have a special treat for you all - a bo...