Monday, June 28, 2021

Terror in California....

 Reading "I'll Be Gone in the Dark" and now watching the series on HBO, I'm amazed at the terror in California back in the 70's/80's. I'm the first to say, I'll read anything and everything set in California. Or watch any mystery/crime drama set in California. My fascination is real. 

If given the resources, I could see myself following in McNamara's footsteps and I think that is why I invested so much into reading this book. I would find myself googling facts as I was reading and then going down the rabbit hole looking up something else, that leads to something else, and so on and so on - till I realized an hour or more had passed and I had to put down the phone and go back to reading. These are the books I love, the ones that have you investigating along with it! 

If you haven't already, read "I'll Be Gone in the Dark" and then watch series on HBO - you will not be sorry! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publisher Appreciation Post!!! RE: Simon & Schuster/Avid Reader Press

  It's Wednesday which means it is time for a publisher appreciation post! But this Wednesday, I have a special treat for you all - a bo...