Saturday, July 17, 2021

Let's talk about being flush....and no, I don't mean embarrassed!

 Just finished "The Menopause Manifesto" and.....

I called my mom and apologized for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING I might have done during that time in her life! Also, if any of my relatives, teachers, etc come across this - I'M SO SORRY! 

So I'm 41 and while this book does not entirely apply to me, I can see some signs already. As discussed in the previous post, I do not have children so heading into this stage of my life could happen sooner than for some. That is why I was so grateful to Kensington Publishers for gifting me this copy to promote! Now I've gone down the Dr. Jen explain path, and I feel some better and also I learned quite a bit! 

I love reading a medical/self-help book that does not talk down to you. I prefer using real-life examples and referring to information from this century, not just old-school jargon. Dr. Jen does this! She puts it on your level and lays all the cards out on the table. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is off limits - which is as it should be! I still find it amazing that in 2021 the word "menopause" can be taboo but yet, it is. Women's health has taken a backseat to so many things, men I'm looking at you, that is seems at times we are still living in the 60's (abortion rights anyone?!?!) and we need to get out of the past and start focusing on our future. Dr. Jen does this and she will make you laugh along with the way with stories and teach at the same time. 

I cannot recommend this book enough! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Publisher Appreciation Post!!! RE: Simon & Schuster/Avid Reader Press

  It's Wednesday which means it is time for a publisher appreciation post! But this Wednesday, I have a special treat for you all - a bo...