Monday, July 12, 2021

Time to visit Paradise WV....

 Alright everyone, next up on the places to travel (and TBR list), "Paradise, WV!" 

I'm so excited to start this one today, it was gifted to me by Turner Publishing/KeyLight Books and will be released on 7.20.2021 - so if you pick up a copy, send me a message on LikeWise I've already started a discussion there! 

For me, this book will hit close to home - literally. Growing up on the Kentucky/Ohio/West Virginia line (AKA "Tri-State Area") I see first hand how drugs and poverty have taken over around my hometown. This area used to be home to AK Steel, one of the top steel making plants in the US, and when they shut down - everyone felt the impact. You KNEW someone who had lost their job; they might not be related to you but they were related to someone you knew, their dad sat next to you in school, or the waitress at Bob Evan's who always has a smile on her - well, her husband lost his job. And the area I grew up in has never recovered. 

I moved away before the opioid epidemic started but I know from visiting family, the struggle is real for those left behind. It breaks my heart to see homes I visited as a child being knocked down for either liquor stores, gas stations, or fast food places. But that is what's going on, and it never should have gotten to this point. 

So when you pick up this new release by Rob Rufus, hopefully this will give a little background to West Virginia and the surrounding area(s)! For "Paradise, WV" though - not only do we have all of this going on, but we also have a serial killer on the loose as well! Check out my GoodReads and LikeWise accounts for updates on this one! 

Side note; I LOVE this cover - right now I'm thinking heaven vs. hell but I'm sure that opinion will change! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Publisher Appreciation Post!!! RE: Simon & Schuster/Avid Reader Press

  It's Wednesday which means it is time for a publisher appreciation post! But this Wednesday, I have a special treat for you all - a bo...